Adult, Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Bondage, Commercial, Erotic, Fashion, Fetish, Fitness, Glamour, Landscape, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
My name is Katie Johnson, and I am a Freelance Hair and Makeup Artist. I have been working Freelance for over 5 years, having graduated from a 3 Year Degree studying Hair and Makeup for Film and Theatre at Northbrook College, Sussex and have gained competent skills in a number of areas, including cutting, barbering, makeup for everyday and theatrical wear, special effects, wig knotting, postiche making as well as hairstyling for all historic periods.I have already had some work experience within theatre (Her Majesty’s Theatre and Chichester Festival Theatre) and experience in making prosthetics and ‘on set’ hair and makeup for a number of short films, musc videos and events.
· A keen interest and knowledge in special effects makeup and prosthetics.
· Experience with natural, fashion and bridal hair and makeup. Competent in a variety of period hair and makeup styles, from Grecian through to present.
· Skills in wig knotting and making postiche, having made a wig including foundation.
· Cutting and barbering experience.
· Skills in airbrushing and bodypainting.
· Experience of theatrical makeup and hairstyling, including work experience at her Majesty’s Theatre, London on 'Phantom Of the Opera' and UK and Ireland tour of 'Houdini' in 2013.
· Car owner – Happy to travel to location.
· Experience of working with Adults and Children.
I have recently been expanding my portfolio with various Model shoots alongside my film work and am keen to try all genres of photoshoot.
- Sanctuary Magazine Issue #8 - 4 Page Spread with Model Pete Butchers for Portrait X Zodiac Shoot. Photography by Jon Snapaway Photograph
- Twisted Edge Magazine - Zodiac Shoot for Portrait X.
- Gorgeous Freaks Valentines Edition - Front Cover with April Storm Photography by Busha.
- Digital Dead Magazine Issue 3 - 'Resident Evil Shoot' with Team Synister photography by Jimmy Deas and Busha
- Malevolent Magazine - February 2015 'Women In Horror' Special - 'Twisted Miss Muffet' Model Jo Narcissa photography by Jimmy Deas
-Malevolent Magazine - January 2015 Team Synister/Evil Twins Special Edition - 'The Bride and Igorina' - Models Luna Wolf and Missy Poison Photography by Busha
- Malevolent Magazine December 14 - 'Sick Xmas Fairy' Model Jo Narcissa and Photography by Busha
- Ms Bombshell Magazine December 2014 - Christmas Issue Model Ria Fend Photography by GWJ Photographic
- Ivy Magazine Issue 14 - Christmas Issue 2014 Model Ria Fend and Photography by GWJ Photographic
- Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Halloween Edition - 'Maman Brigitte' Model Savra and Photography by Busha
- Sanctuary Magazine October 2014 Vampire Issue - Model Savra and Photography by Busha
- Gorgeous Freaks Issue 33 October 2014 - Model K-Jey and Photography by Busha
- Delicious Dolls September 14 Issue - 3 Page spread feat model Ria Fend, photography by GWJ Photographic
- Fashion Bombshell Magazine - Patriotic Edition July 14 - Model Ria Fend, photography by GWJ Photographic
- Proper Eye Candy eMag July 2014 (cover + feat. Hollie Rebecca) photography by Emma Shamaya
- CT Magazine double-page spread feat. Jack Eyers photography by Emma Shamaya
- KULTUR Magazine Issue 34.1 - June 2014 as part of 'Parkinson's Charity Body Paint Shoot' - Body paint for models Neechee Neeko and Beth-Rose, photography by Tara Hills photography
*Standard rates for shoots:
Makeup/ Hair Only - £45.00 a day plus travel
Hair and Makeup - £70.00 a day plus travel
Special effects/ Body paint shoot - £75.00 a day plus travel - This covers small/medium scale effects, anything larger rates will be discussed prior to shoot.
Travel expenses will be confirmed prior to shooting as I drive but can travel by train as well. Please note the above rate covers all material costs (unless anything extra is needed for specific shoots that I cannot reuse of course!) and up to and including 3 models, any additional models rates will be negotiated prior to shoot.
NB I also work on a TFP basis depending on the shoot, but ask for travel to be reimbursed *
I can also be found on Instagram and Twitter under @KatieJMUA and at http://[url removed] or https://[url removed]
Feel free to get in touch!
Katie Johnson Hair and Makeup Artist has 114 references; 114 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.