Group participation suspension and ban policy
By Russ Freeman, written 1392382415.
On PurplePort we have the ability to suspend group participation from 1 day right through to permanently. We hope we never have to do this because we want PurplePort groups to be a friendly place where people can ask advice and everyone gets along.
Here is a list of things that may earn you a group participation suspension or eventual ban including but are not limited to;
- aggressive or abusive behaviour towards others
- unsolicited portfolio critique
- ganging up on others
- naming and shaming
- name calling
- linking to offensive web sites
- excessive swearing
Generally suspension of group participation will go like this;
- you may be warned (depending on the extent of the incident)
- you will be suspended from the groups for 1-3 days
- you will be suspended from the groups for 1 to 4 weeks
- you will be suspended from the groups for 4+ weeks
- you will be banned from posting in the groups
We may skip or repeat any of the above steps depending on the severity.
Note that if you get a group post suspension it ONLY affects your ability to post in the groups. All other interactions within the site remain the same.
By all means contact support via the Get Help function on the Purple Cog top right if you receive a suspension, whether permanent or temporary, and you wish to discuss it - however please note that being aggressive or argumentative with us isn't going to change our mind about your suspension.
Finally, a track record of behaviour that goes against the ethos of PurplePort will result in permanent removal from the site. Clearly this is a last resort but something we will use where we deem it.