Group participation suspension and ban policy
By Russ Freeman, written 1392382415.
Suspensions from participation in the Groups can be anything from one day to permanent. Ideally, this won't be necessary because we want our groups to be a friendly place, where people can ask advice and everyone gets along.
Below is a list of things that may earn you a group participation suspension, or eventual permanent ban.
These include (but are not limited to):
- aggressive or abusive behaviour towards others
- unsolicited portfolio critique
- ganging up on others
- naming and shaming
- linking to offensive websites
- excessive swearing
Generally, suspension from group participation will go like this:
- A formal warning is issued (depending on the extent of the incident)
- Suspended from the groups for 1-3 days
- Suspended from the groups for 1 to 4 weeks
- Suspended from the groups for 4+ weeks
- Permanently banned from the groups
We may skip, or even repeat, any of the steps above depending on the severity.
A group participation suspension only affects your ability to post in the groups. All other interactions across PurplePort remain the same.
If you wish to discuss a temporary or permanent group participation suspension, then please contact us via support ticket. However, being aggressive or argumentative with us isn't going to change our mind about your suspension (see Abuse on PurplePort).
A track record of behaviour that goes against the ethos of PurplePort will result in permanent removal from the site. This is a last resort, but something we will use where we deem it appropriate.