Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Bondage, Commercial, Cosplay, Dance, Erotic, Fashion, Fetish, Fitness, Glamour, Landscape, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
Meet and Greet team
FREE STUDIO HIRE DEAL WHEN BOOKING 2 hours+ ON ANY STUDIO DAY*
OVER 200 POSITIVE REFERENCES & STILL GOING STRONG. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY CLIENTS.
FREE PARKING, BROADBAND & REFRESHMENTS, SHOWER, TOILET, CHANGING AREA, INSULATED FLOOR - AVAILABLE 24/7
Completely revised website launched March 2019 - LINK
STUDIO CALENDAR LINK - works on Windows XP and above, or get the mobile app and enter Teamup calendar code ksbd97858700f5f378:
Professional commercial black-out studio covering commercial product photography, fashion, dance, fitness, tourism, motor cycles, food, interior design accessories, and erotic-artistic stills and video. The proprietor is the highest rated full-time European commercial photographer on the world's largest freelancing website.
Published in over forty countries on five continents.
Preferred supplier for businesses in the digital advertising, motor cycle, insurance, catering, tourism, interior design, fashion, finance and construction industries.
All models working commercially on the studio who have not completed full time compulsory education are licensed by the relevant authority. The licence is free and the studio is happy to arrange licences for its clients at a £20 documentation fee. All models under 18 are chaperoned.
The model's perception: "Barney's studio is fantastic. By the small space you wouldn't think much of it. But think again!!! Barney has been very clever and created so much in one space. It is a fabulous use of the location with changing room, props, backgrounds, lighting galore." Jessica Taylor
The photographers' perception: "I have seen Barney improve his studio over the years and it is just getting better and better ... Motorised back drops and light stands on wheels made everything so easy to use ... the fact that he has a calendar on his page which shows the vacant days is a complete bonus. All the equipment and props you could ever need. Highly recommended." Jake41
Digital Virtual Reality Background System - LINK:
Almost 2,000 different backdrops available. The ONLY system of its kind in West Europe outside major film and TV production studios.
Get "outdoors" indoors any time - no Photoshop, no green-screen. Live view to tethered laptop and LCD screen.
Studio Facebook group for discounted studio hire:
- Add me as a friend first: https://www.facebook.com/bdfotouk
- Ask to join the Facebook studio members' group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624109537748141/
Proprietor: Barney Douglas - photographer account
VIRTUAL TOUR (nowadays rather out of date) - CLICK HERE
Studio premises on the edge of the South Downs National Park, just off the main A259 at Ferring near Worthing, West Sussex at the foot of Highdown (Iron Age hill fort) and almost directly opposite Asda.
STANDARD BASIC HIRE RATES FOR STILLS HIRE (for one or two photographers sharing; package deals and DVRB system see lower down):
- Per hour for the first two hours: £18, additional hours £14 per hour (22% discount), minimum hire three hours.
STUDIO DAYS AND EVENTS - Free studio hire deal applies to all studio days listed. Book any studio day model for at least two hours and get two hours free hire.*
* T&Cs apply, minimum hire four hours, details on request
Saturday 26 October: The return of teen fashion model Ella Kasper. £37.50 ph (members £34 ph) fashion, beauty portraiture and more. NOW BOOKING. Four slots sold, just two slots remaining either 11 am 1 pm or 2 pm to 4 pm; (other photographer flexible).
Sunday 17 November: A very "alt" duo, Tash White and Gabby Rose. £39 ph (members £35 ph) solo, or £49 ph (members £45) as a duo. The plan is to work two hours as a duo and two hours each solo, but they are happy to vary that, and to extend if demand dictates. NOW BOOKING.
WINTER 2019 - 2020:
Saturday 1 February: Miss Diamond Sparkle - back by popular demand - some slots already reserved - full details shortly.
FACILITIES - all electrical equipment renewal PAT tested 13 June 2019:
- Main shoot area 27' x 16', with white and black vinyl backdrops, and the world's most advanced digital virtual backdrop system available (9' wide x 8' high) on roller dollies;
- Secondary shoot areas (green screen, black and white muslins, red, white and blue coloramas installed with mid-grey and green also available, plus grunge) 20' x 12'6" (23' long with the shower room door open), backdrop roll height 10'6";
- Shower wet set - shooting distance up to max 25', ceiling height 7'9" with shoot-through hatch for a different perspective angle;
- Lighting normally available (* on dollies):
2 x Godox QT600-II* (S fit) - up to 10 fps normally fitted with iLux octoboxes / eggboxes and 2 x Godox QT300* (S fit) normally fitted with iLux rectangular softboxes
2 x Bowens 500W and 4 x Bowens 250W (S fit) softboxes vary, stored unless required
2 x Interfit Stellar 300* (S fit) with one normally fitted with an Elinchrom beauty dish with an S fit adaptor
1 x Interfit Stellar 150 (S fit) normally fitted with an Interfit column eggbox
1 x Bowens Gold* (L fit) permanently fitted with a large square softbox
1 x Bowens Silver (L fit) normally fitted with a snoot
1 x Bowens Bolite (low power) fitted with barn doors and eggbox with multiple gels to clip on
- The following additional lights and accessories are available:
Bowens S fit:
- Interfit column eggbox, angled cowl, several round cowls (two fitted with small honeycombs, one x 30 degree, one x 60 degree).
- Several rectangular softboxes (assembled), several smaller rectangular and square softboxes (available by advance request only).
- Two Godox AD200 with mini octoboxes and S-fit adaptors (stored in portable case with stands)
Bowens L fit:
- Bowens Silver, fitted with a silver bowl reflector, and another reflector, same type, available.
Two low power portable kit lights, with the following available accessories:
- Small rectangular softbox (assembled)
- Two large softboxes, one 90x60 rectangle, one 1.2m octobox (available by advance request only)
- Two mini snoots with 45 degree eggboxes, plus barn doors with removable eggbox and four coloured gels
- Two 6'6" (2 metre) tall zip-round reflectors (* on dollies) - silver, gold, white, black, translucent
- Lastolite Hilite 7' x 6'
- Lastolite doubled sided "distressed doors" background
- One small circular silver / gold reflector
- One silver / gold triflector
- Three daylight 5500K 150 watt video heads with soft boxes;
- Virtual boudoir set with double bed available;
- Insulated floor, raised access platform, grunge, fake window, distressed doors and tiled backgrounds;
- Suspension facilities - one ton loading;
- 360° rotator (white) - 70kg loading, two minute/single rotation for product photography and actors' rotators;
- Access for motor cycles and small machinery;
- Free broadband, free traditional and herbal teas, coffee, fruit juice and (most importantly) chocolate or choc-chip Hobnobs always on tap;
- FREE PARKING.
DIRECTIONS AND LOCATION:
- Nearest railway stations (models and photographers can be collected if someone is available - timetable search):
- Goring-by-Sea (five minutes by car, walkable on a fine day in twenty-five minutes, and also served by the 700 bus) or Angmering (eight minutes by car, taxi rank) both on the South Coast line - direct services to London Victoria, Clapham Junction, East Croydon, Gatwick Airport, Haywards Heath, Brighton, Chichester, Havant, Portsmouth, Fareham and Southampton;
- Arundel on the Arun Valley line (fifteen minutes by car, taxi rank) - direct services to London Victoria, Clapham Junction, East Croydon, Gatwick Airport, Crawley, Horsham, Pulborough, Bognor Regis, Chichester, Havant, Portsmouth, Fareham and Southampton;
- Less than an hour from the M25 / A24 junction (Leatherhead) and from the M27 / M3 junction (Southampton airport);
- On the 700 bus route (Langbury Lane / Littlehampton Road stop - four minute walk) - express service Portsmouth to Brighton.
- Closest: Highdown, Ferring - half a mile east - (highly recommended hotel, but very pricey. Do consider eating out at the Sussex Yeoman / Hungry Horse for the best reasonably priced local menu) - Goring-by-Sea station / 700 bus route / studio within walking distance);
- Short drive: Premier Inn, Roundstone Lane - one mile west - (best restaurant at the Spotted Cow half a mile to the north - Angmering station / 700 bus route / taxi office);
- Nearest hostel: YHA, Littlehampton - four miles west - (Littlehampton station / 700 bus route / taxi office);
- Luxury: Hilton Avisford Park - six miles north-west (car required, or taxi from nearest railway station which is Barnham Junction);
- Alternative hotels:
- Comfort Innat Crossbush (car required, or taxi from Arundel station)
- Mulberry Hotel (Goring-by-Sea station) and the George V Hotel (Durrington station) - both on 700 bus route;
- Models if using public transport please do not book hotels in Central Worthing the night before a shoot, and if using your car avoid staying anywhere east of Worthing (e.g. Brighton) due to major travel bottlenecks on the A27 approaching Worthing from the east. Ideally please use either the Highdown or Premier Inn mentioned above if you have an early start.
- IMPORTANT: there are major roadworks for five miles west of the studio on the A259 from Felpham to Ferring until mid 2020!!! If travelling from Hampshire or beyond, to avoid these road works stay on the A27 east towards Worthing from Chichester past Arundel and leave at the A280 junction, but allow at least fifteen minutes to get through Arundel at peak times. Do not go via Bognor Regis.
Advice on lighting set-up, plus health & safety and security when you start all included in hire charges if requested
NO parking charges!
PLEASE ASK FOR A MAP AND DIRECTIONS. IT'S HARD TO FIND!
EXTENSIVE RANGE OF FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES
STANDARD HIRE RATES:
- Per hour for the first two hours: £18 per hour thereafter £14 per hour (22% discount), minimum three hours, half day (4 hours) £64, full day (8 hours) £120; (one or two photographers sharing);
- Sundays, evenings (from 6 pm), bank holidays: 10% premium;
- Groups of three or more: POA
- Video (as opposed to stills): 50% premium;
- Regular user packages from 10 hours upwards with discounts up to two-thirds off the basic hourly rate;
- Pre-purchase packages up to 30% discount on basic rate;
- * Studio Facebook members normally get an additional 20% discount (except visiting tutor sessions, or where otherwise indicated) on standard rates, and 30% off the hourly rate studio element only on studio days, (exceptions apply, see individual castings), plus advance notice of special offers. Ask to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624109537748141/ - please add me as a friend first: https://www.facebook.com/bdfotouk;
- Paper cut-off £3 per metre;
- Digital video backdrop system: POA
- Anything messy or wet please ask for a quote (£25 minimum refundable deposit payable). Anything over essential cleaning is chargeable. (That's only happened once).
- PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON OUR INVOICES WHEN HIRING THE STUDIO.
Important: the studio's preferred method of payment is bank transfer (which costs us nothing); cash and cheque payments incur a very modest surcharge (3.5%, min £1.50) to cover transfer costs, and cheques must be cleared (allow five working days please) before the hire date. Unless there is no alternative, I no longer accept Paypal.
The General Data Protection Regulation: DETAILS ON WEBSITE
Hangleton Lane Studio has 210 references; 210 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.
Tash White and Gabby Rose studio day - a very 'alt' duo -NSFW
Ferring & Worthing
Teen beauty Ella Kasper returns to Hangleton Lane Studio
Ferring & Worthing