Beauty, Body Paint, Landscape, Nude and Portrait
"Beauty is the promise of happiness" (Stendhal)
I'm rediscovering my artistic side through painting, drawing and some photography after a busy career.
Here's how I work.
- I'm an amateur. I pay for all sessions: I never seek TFP, because my photographic work is not of a professional standard that would enhance a model's port. I use a point-and-shoot pocket camera, and nothing else.
- I believe that the creation of any image, whether a photo or a painting, is an equal collaboration between artist and model. So, I like to work with models who have their own ideas about the work.
- I have no proprietorial interest in the images that I help create, whether that's a sketch, a painting or a photo. Therefore
- For photos, I will always give the model the full set of images direct from the camera at the end of a session.
- Models are also welcome to keep any drawings that they like.
I believe that beauty happens, and some of it finds it way into pictures. At best the artist is a conduit for that.
So, I don't think of myself as having any "talent". I'm just someone who happens to be there, to record an impression of a moment and a vision. My photos aren't "finished": they are just transient gestures towards an unseen vision.
I'm aware of the technical excellence of photographers on PP, but I know I won't achieve it myself, and don't aspire to it.
Liathach has 26 references; 26 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellations, and 0 no-shows.