- Part time Photographer
- More than 6 years experience
- I work for either pay or trade depending on assignment
- I can travel for shoots
Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Commercial, Cosplay, Dance, Fashion, Glamour, Landscape, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
A Heads Up
Please be aware that I have Bipolar Disorder. This means that sometimes it takes me a while to work up the energy to reply to my messages. Please don't be put off by any delays in communication, as I will get around to answering you eventually. Unfortunately I can't change this about myself, so if this is a concern for you, just don't work with me.
A model once referred to my work as 'Dark....but somehow not' and I absolutely love that.
Semi professional photographer, my shoots are centered around images with a narrative or character. As big a seller as boobs and bums can be, I'm afraid the world of glamour and page 3 isn't for me. I have boobs of my own after all and they're not quite as mystic and magical a force when you already have a pair. A retired model (formerly LittleOwl), I'm happy to work with anyone and can offer posing tips and guidance whilst on shoot, as well as outfits and props.
I work in natural light and around nature. Nearly all of my work is shot outdoors or in derelict buildings.
I love for my images to look as if they're an illustration in a storybook.
People often ask me about my photography name. Iris Ferret? What's that about? Well, I chose the name as an ode to my grandfather, who was a great inspiration to me. A national Eistedfodd winner for black and white landscape photography in the 70's, he was also a poet, playwrite, composer, musician, published children's author and he regularly appeared on local radio plays throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's. A rather eccentric man, he performed under the non de plume of 'Idris Ferret'. So I chose my name to honour the inspirational man who brought me to photography in the first place.
What To Expect
- I like for my shoots to be low pressure, high energy and most of all, fun!
- I talk A LOT but I'm very friendly and easy to get on with.
- As I have ADHD, I'm very high energy and normally spend most of the shoot with my face in the dirt or hanging out of a tree trying to get the right angle.
- I talk to (and/or swear at) my camera occasionally. Don't be alarmed by this, we have an understanding.
- EVERYONE has a look that works for something. I will happily work with any shape, size, age etc. You're beautiful and amazing. Don't forget that!
- I'm a 'go with the flow' creative. If a sudden idea leads down a different path than we were expecting, great! Let's run with it!
- Every shoot usually yields between 5-10 high quality images depending. All will be edited and retouched to a high standard and will usually be sent to all parties via WeTransfer. I don't release .RAW files to anyone though.
- Don't be surprised if I ask you to pull a strange shape that doesn't fit in with the brief. If I do, it's just because I have a composite shot in mind that doesn't relate to our current project.
- My shoots tend to last around two to four hours.
- As most of my shoots are seriously edit-heavy, final edits may take up to a month. Most of my fantasy shots take between 4-10 hours each to process, so please be patient.
- If you're gracing me with your time and skills on a TF project and decide you want to stop for a fag or coffee, just say. Chances are I'll have a fag with you! If you're uncomfortable with a certain pose, idea or level, just say. I'm very easygoing and my main concern on a shoot is your comfort and safety.
Take a look at my 'Behind the Scenes' album if you want to know what working with me is like. There's also images of me in there, so you know who you're working with.
Though I offer TF shoots, it's reached a point where my availability is very limited. Want to shoot ASAP? If you're interested in bypassing the queue and want to work with me on a tailor-made paid shoot, my rates are as follows:
3 hour shoot and minimum of 10 edited images - £150
Hourly rate and up to 3 edited images per hour - £75
Paid bookings will be tailored exactly to whatever theme, level or look you want to achieve. These rates also include full-blown fantasy composites, which can take anywhere up to ten hours each to edit.
I will nearly always retouch my images but please note that I will not 'tummy tuck' you or any other such thing, unless this is something that you specifically want. I'm an advocate for body positivity and it's much better to simply look for a better angle on the shoot than to give you Photoshop surgery.
I also offer retouching and editing services over on my other account, Iris Ferret Retouching.
If you'd like to see my process, take a gander at my 'Before & After' album below.
I'm more than happy to transport models to and from shoots. If you require help with transport for a shoot, please ask. And yes, you're totally allowed to smoke in the car.
If you have added me to your 'Want To Work With' list, I'll assume this is on a TFP basis.
More than happy to accept chaperones or guardians on shoot, though they may be subject to become a light or reflector stand. I fully encourage you to bring a chaperone if it helps you feel more comfortable.
The Unpleasant Bit
I hate writing things like this but sadly, I must. If you are booked to work with me, please understand that I DO NOT release .raw files to my models.
Also, if you alter one of my edited images without asking me, we won't be working together again and I will untag myself from any tampered work. If you aren't happy with the style of edit I've used, please tell me. I won't be offended and will be more than happy to re-edit the shots in a style you prefer.
PLEASE don't re-edit my images and assume I won't notice: I always do.
Iris Ferret has 33 references; 33 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.