- Part time Photographer
- More than 5 years experience
- I work for either pay or trade depending on assignment
- I can travel for shoots
Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Commercial, Cosplay, Dance, Fashion, Glamour, Landscape, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
CURRENTLY NOT SHOOTING DUE TO COVID-19 - PLEASE CHECK BACK IN 2021
A model once referred to my work as 'Dark....but somehow not' and I absolutely love that.
Semi professional female photographer, my interests when shooting models are centered around images with a narrative or character. As big a seller as boobs and bums can be, I'm afraid the world of glamour and page 3 isn't for me. I have boobs of my own after all and they're not quite as mystic and magical a force when you already have a pair. A retired model (formerly LittleOwl), I'm happy to work with beginners and can offer posing tips and guidance whilst on shoot, as well as a multitude of outfits and props.
I favor working in natural light and around nature. Nearly all of my work is shot outdoors or in derelict buildings.
I love for my images to look as if they're an illustration in a storybook.
People often ask me about my photography name. Iris Ferret? What's that about? Well, I chose the name as an ode to my grandfather, who played a huge part in my love of photography and was a great inspiration to me (and still is - he's currently 86). A national Eistedfodd winner for black and white landscape photography in the 70's, he was also a poet, playwrite, composer, musician, published children's author and he regularly appeared on local radio plays throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's. A rather eccentric man, he performed under the non de plume of 'Idris Ferret'. So I chose my name to honour my family and the inspirational man who brought me here in the first place.
What To Expect
- I like for my shoots to be low pressure, high energy and most of all, fun!
- I talk A LOT but I'm very friendly and easy to get on with.
- As I have ADHD, I'm very high energy and normally spend most of the shoot with my face in the dirt or hanging out of a tree trying to get the right angle.
- I talk to (and/or swear at) my camera occasionally. Don't be alarmed by this, we have an understanding.
- EVERYONE has a look that works for something. I will happily work with any shape, size, age etc. You're beautiful and amazing. Don't forget that!
- I'm a 'go with the flow' creative. If a sudden idea leads down a different path than we were expecting, great! Let's run with it!
- Every shoot usually yields between 10-20 images depending. All will be edited and retouched to a high standard and will usually be sent to all parties via WeTransfer. I don't release .RAW files to anyone though.
- Don't be surprised if I ask you to pull a strange shape that doesn't fit in with the brief. If I do, it's just because I have a composite shot in mind that doesn't relate to our current project.
- My shoots tend to last around two to four hours.
- As most of my shoots are seriously edit-heavy, final edits may take up to a month. Most of my fantasy shots take between 4-10 hours each to process, so please be patient.
- If you're gracing me with your time and skills on a TF project and decide you want to stop for a fag or coffee, just say. If you're uncomfortable with a certain pose, idea or level, just say. Chances are I'll have a fag with you! I'm very easygoing and my main concern on a shoot is your comfort and safety.
Take a look at my 'Behind the Scenes' album if you want to know what working with me is like. There's also images of me in there, so you know who you're working with.
Though I do offer TF shoots, it's reached a point now where there's too much interest for me to keep up and my availability is very limited. You can either have a three hour time slot or book me on a by-the-hour basis. If you're interested in bypassing the queue and want to work with me on a tailor-made paid shoot, my rates are as follows:
3 hour shoot and minimum of 10 edited images - £150
Hourly rate and up to 3 edited images per hour - £75
Paid bookings will be tailored exactly to whatever theme, level or look you want to achieve. These rates also include full-blown fantasy composites, which can take anywhere up to six hours each to edit.
I will nearly always retouch my images but please note that I will not 'tummy tuck' you or any other such thing, unless this is something that you specifically want. I'm an advocate for body positivity and it's much better to simply look for a better angle on the shoot than to give you Photoshop surgery.
I also offer retouching and editing services over on my other account, Iris Ferret Retouching.
If you'd like to see my process, take a gander at my 'Before & After' album below.
I'm more than happy to transport models to and from shoots. If you require help with transport for a shoot, please ask.
If you have added me to your 'Want To Work With' list, I will assume that this is on a TFP basis.
More than happy to accept chaperones or guardians on shoot, though they may be subject to become a light or reflector stand. I fully encourage you to bring a chaperone if it helps you feel more comfortable.
The Unpleasant Bit
I hate writing things like this but sadly, it's reached a level now where I must. If you are booked to work with me, please understand that I DO NOT release .raw files to my models.
Also, if you see fit to alter one of my edited images without asking me, we will not be working together again and I will untag myself from any tampered work. If you are not happy with the style of edit I have used in the photos, then please tell me. I won't be offended and will be more than happy to re-edit the shots in a style you prefer.
PLEASE don't re-edit my images yourself and assume I won't notice: I always do.
Iris Ferret has 29 references; 29 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.