Stats and sizes
- 32yr old Female model
- Stats(in/usa) 34C-27-39
- USA dress size 6
- 5'8" tall
- USA shoe size 8
- Blue eyes
- Very long light brown hair
- Pale white skin
- White ethnicity
Beauty, Body Paint, Commercial, Fashion, Fitness, Glamour, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
This is the best way to get an overview of my work (turn your sound up!).
The remainder of 2019: SEMI-RETIREMENT NOTICE! <3
I have allocated a few days per calendar month on which I am available for shoots, around my other creative projects. I do not seek to cram as many shoots as possible into my diary, and this means I can approach each one with thoughtful energy and fresh enthusiasm - but it does mean my availability is increasingly limited, so I advise you not to procrastinate if you happen to be interested in having me model for you.
As I head into semi-retirement from modelling (after a hugely enjoyable decade of travelling around the world doing this incredible job), I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to those who contact me for bookings (past, present and future!) and for the very high proportion of repeat bookings and working relationships I've been lucky enough to experience.
Please note I receive a lot of mail and for my own sanity dedicate particular pre-arranged time periods per week in which to respond to messages (usually these are within Mondays-Wednesdays, office hours). If your message is urgent, please say so in the subject title. Thanks!
I look forward to hearing from you.
SEND ME A DIRECT MESSAGE to enquire about:
- Specific projects or 'for the fun of it' creative sessions (anything from highly stylised work to 'make it up as you go along' improvisation on the day)
- Tuition/workshops/events - if you want a highly experienced, creative, friendly model who works well with groups as well as one-to-one (and has her own mailing list to help promote!)
- Beautiful and thought-provoking expressions of the human female body in nature, simple and powerful figure studies in studios or various options in between
- My next visit to your part of the country/world (please do actually get in touch rather than just liking/commenting, so I can get the ball rolling or let you in on my plans)
- Multi-day photo adventure trips to deeply explore and make the most of interesting locations and create incredible memories
- Creative portraiture, fashion, lingerie, bridal, nude, historical, character, mythological/fantasy & dance-inspired styles (these are my strengths)
The background story:
I grew up attending dance classes religiously and loved performing on stage. During university, I posed exclusively for a renowned painter in afternoons for over a year (a huge honour). I now have 10 years of experience posing for artists, photographers, sculptors, corset designers, fashion brands, wedding gown designers, magazine publications, and all manner of creative people in between. I have circumnavigated the globe countless times doing this surreal and wonderful job. I’ve modelled in hot, cold, opulent, rugged and bleak places all over this planet, acted on blockbuster/TV film sets (from Marvel to Downton Abbey) and posed in thrown-together makeshift photo-dens in spare rooms where photographers haphazardly mislay their cameras in the sink. I truly love the variety of the people I meet, from casual hobbiests to award-winning professionals (it makes no difference to me whatsoever). I have a lot of creativity and enthusiasm to offer and am happily still learning.
Please sign up to my monthly email newsletter:
You can add your nearest city on the form for direct notifications if/when I visit your area. You get the stories behind the shots, news/updates/events and occasional secret offers.
Little note: Dear photographers (and studio owners), I will be adding to my list of recommended studios at the end of my profile this year. Please get in touch and let me know which ones are your favourites and where you'd like me to visit!
What it’s like to work with me:
- My personality is calm, gentle, relaxed, a bit silly and very friendly/welcoming.
- I consider my role a very actively creative one. I genuinely care about expression, authenticity, womanhood, identity, performance, myth, story and all sorts of other things that feed into this interesting art. People often report that shooting with me feels like good teamwork and I will contribute as much as you like. I am not a photography expert but have a good eye for a shot and can be a perfectionist about tweaking/improving my own poses when allowed to see the shots on the back of the camera - this often enables images to be taken to a higher level and photographers are often glad they let me have a peek at what they're capturing!
- Like many women, I’ve been competently doing my own makeup since my teenage years (though I no longer merely plaster blue eyeshadow on like I did during my French exchange..), and will turn up with it done and ready (unless you’re hiring a makeup artist, of course). I'm also very good at an evening/smoky look and a few things in between, so can vary things for you. Same goes for hair; I'm good at quickly pinning it up in various ways if you want a change from it being loose (e.g. this took me roughly 7 seconds to do). I happily bring clothing, accessories and props if you’ve given me a rough idea of your plans in advance. (My wardrobe is like narnia, and you are welcome to make the most of it!) I’m also happy to wear things you provide (within reason of course and I'll say no if I'm not comfortable with anything) - I find this quite fun!
- I am addicted to tea (peppermint, chai, earl grey are personal faves… never with milk!). Crucial info (and one of my proudest moments is when I saw that a photographer in Australia had written 'EARL GREY TEA' across the top of his shoot plan. You know you've made it when that happens...!).
...Please read my references for more of an insight and to have an idea of why the majority of people who book me do so again and again. :-)
- I travel by car to most shoots (or plane, etc.; whatever works!).
- I’m available during the week and some weekends.
- I divide my time between modelling, writing and my natural hand-crafted, plant-based skincare range, Leafology, which launched in July 2017. This means I’m extremely busy but nevertheless very enthusiastic.
- I have been known to book (and honour) shoots a full year ahead of time, but am also always on the lookout for more work if I can fit it in, and even love to fill in for last minute cancellations, etc., where possible. Just get in touch to plan.
- I do not use the purpleport calendar at all (it bears no reflection on my availability; my actual paper diary, however, is a thing of beauty).
- I am probably not going to be available as a model forever, so please bear this in mind if you know you would like to work with me but are prone to procrastination..!
(If you're thinking of sending me a message saying 'let me know if you're ever in X place...' that's great and I'll appreciate it, but please bear in mind that making an outright booking is often more simple and therefore efficient. I may be able to build a little tour around your booking, and it means a shoot will actually happen, not just remain a distant possibility forevermore until I disappear to start a full-time career teaching cats to bellydance, etc. If at all possible, offering to cover or contribute towards travel expenses is extra wonderful (but not always required).)
My appearance & skills:
- I have what is repeatedly described as a very ‘classical’/'pure'/'feminine' appearance. My hair is naturally curly, very long (down to the bottom of my rib-cage when stretched straight), undyed and straddles various colourific boundaries(!); it is dark blonde or light-to-mid-brown depending on how you squint, and often looks fiery red in certain lights. My eyes are massive (I genuinely struggle to find sleep masks that are comfortable; how’s that for a first world problem?) and greeny-blue. I've got very good, smooth skin. My face is quite asymmetrical, actually, so I could never pretend it's supermodel-alien perfect, but you work with what you get.
- I have a somewhat (increasingly?) unusual body shape; I have a small waist and large-ish hips, which gives dramatic curves. I've also got rather long legs (good for when you want to do full length shots and have your model look in proportion) and a toned torso... Basically an overall 'soft'/'romantic'/'traditional' appearance with some muscularity and strength mixed in.
- I am very expressive, intuitive and natural, and personally find images the most appealing and interesting to look at when they show some character and feeling (authenticity, femininity, moods, intrigue and sensuality, etc.), and I hope/think this probably shows in my work.
- My natural empathy and dance background (I'm trained in many styles, from ballet to salsa, tap to hip hop, ballroom to bellydance and have passed exams to high levels, though it’s now just a hobby) have instilled in me an intuitive understanding of body/facial language and movement.
- I also play the piano (grade 8+) and ukulele (terribly), sing, paint, speak different languages, love walking in nature and generally get involved with anything creative/arty.
- I love a mix of studio and location work; great results can be achieved in either!
- There's a list of recommended studios at the end of my profile and I hope to be adding to it soon.
- I am happy to travel for work (this should be obvious by now!) and can help choose a studio if needed.
- I live 'out in the sticks' in Oxfordshire (don’t worry, I drive, and it's just an hour or so from London!) and therefore have acres of ancient woodland, open spaces & flowers/bluebells/cornfields (seasonal!), fields, stone walls & avenues of trees on my doorstep. Nearby, there are ancient ruins, rivers & parks. The streets and architecture of Oxford itself are also very easy on the eye, made famous in many a film/TV series!
If you’re stuck for ideas, some things I love include: natural body/portraits, bohemian fashion, themes around myth, character, simplicity, pre-Raphaelite paintings, body studies, monochrome, film, colour, decadence, the natural world, fairy/nymph-esque tree-adoration, anything to do with water, commercial happy/smiling shots, wedding, animals, dance/movement, historical themes, music, literature, fantasy, vintage, renaissance, mermaids, stark/dark moods, flowers, and dressing up. I also love very simple, telling portraits, presence, authenticity; both romantic, soft, gentle, moods & powerful, strong, womanly ones... I've probably missed tons of things; I have very eclectic tastes actually and have enjoyed a huge range of ideas in the past, from posing nude in front of the Eiffel Tower (for some moody Helmut Newton-esque work) to standing on top of a clown (while wearing pointe shoes).
I also love working with other models and have done a lot of this (my record is 15 of us at once). I’d ask that you are conscious of keeping looks/builds/moods complementary (this doesn’t necessarily mean similar) where appropriate; I can recommend many models I love working alongside if easier for you.
Quickfire miscellany round: I love shooting to music (anything from Radiohead to Rachmaninov). I do not drink alcohol or eat meat/fish/eggs/dairy (I normally bring my own lunch/snacks, but mentioning in case helpful!). I do yoga and running. I like positivity and to talk kindly of others. I have a degree in philosophy and English. I have a terrible sense of direction. I am a massive animal lover (and a total cat lady). I get excited by rainbows, olives, art galleries, good food, the ocean and spontaneity.
What I charge:
£50 per hour or £300 for full days (8 hours). Bookings of 4 hours or longer include travel expenses.
I charge different rates for work outside of the UK.
My business is tax-registered and I can provide invoices/receipts if necessary. I accept cash, paypal, transferwise or payment by portable card machine (please let me know in advance if you'd like me to bring this to our shoot).
An article I wrote which got quite a bit of attention: 10 Things You Might Not Know about Nude Models
Other modelling-related articles I've written:
-'Modelling, Vanity and Self Awareness'
- 'The Muse'
- Click here. (Includes a 100% improvised and unplanned bellydance solo, filmed as a last-minute favour by Mark Bigelow)
LEAFOLOGY - My self-created, natural, plant-based skincare range (available to buy online and in Oxford boutiques, soon taking over a town near you...)
Some local-ish studios I recommend:
- PoZers, Cricklade, Wiltshire
- ASE Studio, Bicester, Oxfordshire.
- Natural Light Spaces, Weedon Bec, Northamptonshire.
- Big Shot Studio, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
- Onyx Photo Studio, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes.
Ella Rose Muse has 218 references; 218 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.