Stats and sizes
- 30yr old Female model
- Stats(in/USA) 34C-27-39
- USA dress size 6
- 5'8" tall
- USA shoe size 8
- Blue eyes
- Very long light brown hair
- Pale white skin
- White ethnicity
Beauty, Body Paint, Commercial, Fashion, Fitness, Glamour, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
Hello! Welcome to my world!
Update: my last 20 available dates for 2022. Please read and send me a message if you're interested in having me model for you. Thanks!
I am a natural, curvy siren, modern pre-Raphaelite muse & photo dancer. Here's a video which gives a quick (comprehensive & atmospheric) overview of what I do - I recommend full-screen viewing with the sound on:
My promise: I make photoshoots easy for you by posing competently, naturally and without any drama (unless required..); if my look/style is of interest to you or compatible with your tastes, then we're on to a winner. :) ...If you like, I'll bring my unique look, 10 years of international experience, expertise & wide-reaching creativity to help you realise some powerful imagery.
My BBC radio interview (discussing what it's like to be a nude model): Listen here.
My downloadable guide for models: 'Model With Confidence: 10 Keys to help you model sustainably, maximise your joy & love your experience of modelling for art.'
My popular, much-shared article: 10 Things You Might Not Know about Nude Models
Buy the book: 'Faerie Garden' - 29 natural, gentle, romantic and pure shots of me, the nude, female figure in an idyllic ‘garden’ setting; in tall grass, entwined in trees, in pools of water, surrounded by flowers, in faerie queen headdresses, in pre-Raphaelite forest guises, in the cool, shady dappled light of Mediterranean gardens and against huge, jurassic plants.
I love working with beginners AND professionals. Please read on!
If one or more of the following descriptions apply to you, I'd love you to send me a message . . .
(I'm always pleased to hear from new people as well as those I've worked with before.)
- You want a fun and satisfying opportunity to be creative (perhaps an escape from your day job!), or to tap into a different side of yourself
- You have a vague idea or style you'd like to work on, with a model who looks a bit like me... This can be specific projects or 'for the fun of it' creative/practise sessions (anything from highly stylised work to 'make it up as you go along'/'see what happens' improvisation on the day)
- You know what you're doing with a camera (at least some of the time!), but don't want to have to worry about how to pose/direct the model... OR you want some insight on posing and how to direct non-model clients, via a shoot with a model!
- You think you have no chance whatsoever of producing work as good as that already in my portfolio... OR you think you could do better!
- You lead workshops/tuition/group sessions and need a reliable, confident, experienced model who will be friendly and warm to your mixed-ability clients while helping to produce strong images. (I also have my own mailing list if you need help promoting your event.)
- You have an interest in beautiful and thought-provoking expressions of the human female body in nature, simple and powerful figure studies in studios or various options in between. (Creative portraiture, fashion, lingerie, bridal, nude, historical, character, mythological/fantasy & dance-inspired styles are my strengths.)
- You've had a model cancel last minute and need someone good to fill in for them (no guarantees I'll be available, but it never hurts to ask!)
- You'd like to ask about my next visit to your part of the country/world or discuss a multi-day photo adventure trip to deeply explore and make the most of interesting locations and create incredible memories. (Please do actually get in touch rather than just liking/commenting, so we can get the ball rolling, or so I can let you in on my plans.)
Please note: a message/conversation doesn't mean pressure to hire me - I only want you to do so if/when you feel it's right. I do however invite you to consider not delaying if you happen to be interested in having me model for you. :)
Direct messages really are best (rather than hinting, clicking 'love' or commenting on an image, as appreciated as this is); like all good models I'm relatively telepathic, but I assume you'll be in touch properly if genuinely interested. I also don't have email notifications set up for anything else.
M y a p p e a r a n c e & s k i l l s :
- I have what is repeatedly described as a very ‘classical’/'pure'/'feminine' appearance. My hair is naturally curly, very long (down to the bottom of my hips when stretched straight), undyed and straddles various colourific boundaries(!); it is dark blonde or light-to-mid-brown depending on how you squint, and often looks fiery red in certain lights. My eyes are massive (I genuinely struggle to find sleep masks that are comfortable; how’s that for a problem?) and greeny-blue. I've got very good, smooth skin & healthy, natural nails. My face is quite asymmetrical, actually, so I could never pretend it's supermodel-alien perfect, but you work with what you get.
- I have a somewhat (increasingly?) unusual body shape; I have a small-ish waist and large-ish hips, which gives dramatic curves. I've also got rather long legs (good for when you want to do full length shots and have your model look in proportion) and a toned torso... Basically an overall 'soft'/'romantic'/'traditional' appearance with some muscularity and strength mixed in, perfect for timeless or pre-Raphaelite styles as well as giving a unique twist to modern imagery.
- I am very expressive, intuitive and natural, and personally find images the most appealing and interesting to look at when they show some character and feeling (authenticity, femininity, moods, intrigue and sensuality, etc.), and I hope/think this probably shows in my work.
- My natural empathy and dance background (I'm trained in many styles, from ballet to salsa, tap to hip hop, ballroom to bellydance and have passed exams to high levels, though it’s now just a hobby) have instilled in me an intuitive understanding of body/facial language and movement.
- I also play the piano (grade 8+) and ukulele (terribly), sing a bit, paint, write, speak different languages, love walking in nature and generally get involved with anything creative/arty.
I am a 'creative butterfly' with many interests and projects and I have learned to see this as a strength; it means I come to modelling FRESH each time because it is not the only thing I do. As well as modelling, I am a writer and run a creative writing group at my local homeless centre. I am also the creator of a plantbased, award-winning skin & haircare range, Leafology, which is a celebration of natural beauty (see section below if interested). Modelling is a mode of expression I have a natural affinity with and one which I consider a huge honour to be able to do.
W h a t i t ’ s l i k e t o w o r k w i t h m e :
- My personality is often described as calm, kind, gentle and relaxed. I'm very friendly/welcoming, talkative (but not over-the-top bonkers) and a mixture of serious and silly.
- I consider my role a very actively creative one. I genuinely care about expression, authenticity, womanhood, identity, performance, myth, story and all sorts of other things that feed into this interesting art. People often report that shooting with me feels like good teamwork and I will contribute as much as you like. I have a good eye for a shot and, if wanted, will give my opinion/ideas, helping us to tweak things and get extra striking images (photographers are often glad they let me have a peek at what they're capturing for this reason!).
- Like many women, I’ve been competently doing my own makeup since my teenage years, and am also extremely quick at doing it. I will turn up with a default 'natural' look done and ready (able to vary it during the shoot if wanted), unless you’re hiring a makeup artist or have requested otherwise. My big, wild hair is one of my distinctive features, but I'm also good at quickly pinning it up in various ways if you want a change from it being loose (e.g. this took me roughly 7 seconds to do).
- My wardrobe is like narnia, and you are welcome to make the most of it! I happily bring items from my clothing, accessories and prop collection if you’ve given me a rough idea of your plans in advance. I’m also happy to wear things you provide (within reason of course and I'll say no if I'm not comfortable with anything) - I find this quite fun!
- I am a total diva in relation to (and only really in relation to) tea. (spearmint, chai & earl grey are personal faves… but never with milk!) Sidenote: one of my proudest moments is when I saw that a photographer in Australia had written a reminder to get 'EARL GREY TEA' across the top of his shoot plan because I mentioned it in my profile notes; clearly my plan is working... Another photographer once brought a thermos tea kettle with us to a bunker location in Holland... No pressure to top this whatsoever... ;-)
R e f e r e n c e s :
Please read my references for more of an insight and to have an idea of why the majority of people who book me do so again and again. If you notice there are long gaps between references on this profile, it's probably because I've often worked internationally where this site isn't commonly used, or have been repeatedly and frequently hired by clients who book me via email, or there may have been a pandemic... :)
M y b a c k g r o u n d s t o r y (for when you're sitting comfortably):
A keen dancer, I grew up regularly performing on stage (ballet, salsa, belly dance, street/hip-hop, tap and contemporary) and love the theatrics, narrative and expression it is possible to create through movement and the human body. During university, I posed exclusively for a renowned painter in afternoons for over a year (a huge honour). I now have 10 years of experience of posing for artists, photographers, sculptors, corset designers, fashion brands, wedding gown designers, magazine publications, and all manner of creative people in between. I have circumnavigated the globe countless times doing this surreal and wonderful job. I’ve modelled in hot, cold, opulent, rugged and bleak places all over this planet, acted on blockbuster/TV film sets (from Marvel to Downton Abbey) and posed in thrown-together makeshift photo-dens in spare rooms where photographers haphazardly mislay their cameras in the sink.
I truly love the variety of the people I meet, from casual hobbyists to award-winning professionals (it makes no difference to me whatsoever and I'm very beginner-friendly). I have a lot of creativity and enthusiasm to offer and am happily still learning as I go.
(Photography credits each within portfolio.)
W a n t t o s h o o t b u t n e e d i d e a s ?
That's OK. If it helps, things I love include: natural body/portraits, bohemian fashion, themes around myth, character, simplicity, pre-Raphaelite paintings, body studies, monochrome, film, colour, decadence, the natural world, fairy/nymph-esque tree-adoration, anything to do with water, commercial happy/smiling shots, wedding, animals, dance/movement, historical themes, music, literature, fantasy, vintage, renaissance, mermaids, stark/dark moods, flowers, and dressing up. I also love very simple, telling portraits, presence, authenticity; both romantic, soft, gentle, moods & powerful, strong, womanly ones... I've probably missed tons of things; I have very eclectic tastes actually and have enjoyed a huge range of ideas in the past, from posing nude in front of the Eiffel Tower (for some moody Helmut Newton-esque work) to standing on top of a clown (while wearing pointe shoes).
I also love working with other models and have done a lot of this (my record is 15 of us at once). I’d ask that you are conscious of keeping looks/builds/moods complementary (this doesn’t necessarily mean similar) where appropriate; I can recommend many models I love working alongside if easier for you, and am also open-minded and love meeting new people!
L o c a t i o n s :
- I love a mix of studio and location work; great results can be achieved in either!
- I can come to your favourite studio, or there's a list of recommended studios at the end of my profile and I hope to be adding to it soon. I can help choose somewhere if needed.
- I travel by car to most shoots (or plane, etc.; whatever works!).
- I live 'out in the sticks' in Oxfordshire (don’t worry, I drive, and it's just an hour or so from London!) and therefore have acres of ancient woodland, open spaces & flowers/bluebells/cornfields (seasonal!), fields, stone walls & avenues of trees on my doorstep. Nearby, there are ancient ruins, rivers & parks. The streets and architecture of Oxford itself are also very easy on the eye, made famous in many a film/TV series.
M y a v a i l a b i l i t y :
I divide my time between modelling, writing and my natural handcrafted, plant-based skincare range, Leafology, which launched in July 2017. This means I’m extremely busy but nevertheless very enthusiastic.
- I’m available across weekdays and weekends and have shot before at 3am, dawn, sunset & midnight sun (in Norway). I am flexible and understand we often have to follow the light!
- I have been known to book (and faithfully honour) shoots a full year ahead of time, but it's worth contacting me any time; I even love to fill in for last minute cancellations, etc., where possible, so do get in touch anytime.
- I do not use the purpleport calendar at all (it bears no reflection on my availability; my actual paper diary, however, is a thing of beauty).
If you're thinking of sending me a message saying 'let me know if you're ever in X place...' that's great and I'll appreciate it, but please bear in mind that making an outright booking is often more simple and therefore efficient. I may be able to build a little tour around your booking if appropriate, and it means a shoot will actually happen, not just remain a distant possibility forevermore until I disappear to start a full-time career teaching cats to bellydance, etc.
M o r e l i n k s :
Some local-ish studios I recommend:
... This list is being refreshed. If you are a studio owner and would like me to try yours and maybe list it here, please get in touch!
- Stuart Thomson, Bicester, Oxfordshire.
- Big Shot Studio, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
- Studio 88, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire,
Q u i c k f i r e m i s c e l l a n y r o u n d :
I love shooting to music (anything from Radiohead to Beyonce to Rachmaninov). I do not drink alcohol or eat meat/fish/eggs/dairy (I know, I know... My body is my temple.... I normally bring my own lunch/snacks, but mentioning in case helpful or there is catering!). I love yoga and walks as well as dance. I like positivity and to talk kindly of others. I have a terrible sense of direction. I am a massive animal lover (and a total cat lady). I get excited by rainbows, olives, art galleries, good food, the ocean, colour palettes, rich blacks and spontaneity.
Please note: I am very intimidating and serious...
Y o u r i n v e s t m e n t :
My rates for UK bookings: £200 for 3 hours | £330 for 6 hours. You're welcome to enquire about different time frames.
These rates are inclusive of:
- make up, hair and wardrobe styling (please let me know in advance if you have particular requirements)
- travel expenses up to 75 miles from my Oxfordshire postcode (I may ask for a small contribution towards travel beyond this, depending on the circumstances)
- a collaborative approach, with optional feedback/input throughout the shoot, regarding how I feel we might be able to enhance the images/results as we go along
- my full focus, patience, friendly conversation and joyful competence in posing for artistic work
- your increased confidence from working with someone who will draw out your strengths and allow you to have fun, be creative and experiment while up-levelling your skills
- optional, for beginners (if requested): some guidance/tips/helpful steering on how to work with models in general (tips from the model's perspective!)
- BONUS: I now donate to TreeSisters, an organisation focused on global reforestation while empowering women
= each time you book me, 5 trees are planted! 🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
After the shoot:
- optional (if requested): feedback on your images by email/message (if you send me your unedited favourites, I will let you know my thoughts and suggest any I think are strongest for your portfolio)
- a character reference left in response to any that you may leave for me (this is particularly helpful for newer photographers wanting to build trust/momentum with models). Please note this applies to recent shoots only, so as to be current/accurate, and that I take seriously my duty to speak with honesty about my comfort with those I've worked with, for the safety of other models who may value my endorsements.
- full written credit/tagging/links to your website to accompany any images I choose to share (with appreciation and only if you want this!) to my large social media/online following. Please note I don't share images which have distracting/large watermarks, as I don't find this visually pleasing.
Other notes about payment:
Further discounts may be given for bookings of 2+ days. I accept either cash, paypal, transferwise or payment by portable card machine (please let me know in advance if you'd like me to bring this to our shoot). My business is tax-registered and I can provide invoices/receipts if necessary. Multi-day trips abroad (where the photographer arranges and covers travel costs and accommodation) are arranged at a mutually favourable rate.
U p c o m i n g t r i p s / t o u r s:
...Are rarely publicised online (that's what the mailing list's for!)! :-)
Thank you for reading!
~ Ella ~
A b o u t L e a f o l o g y:
I handcraft small, fresh batches of natural, plant-based skincare, haircare & home products in my Oxfordshire studio and package in glass and metal (avoiding plastic) to certified EU standards, selling through the www.leafology.co.uk (shipping internationally) and in a growing number of local boutiques. You are welcome to ask about this or look it up; I often bring orders along to shoots with me as people find they make great gifts for family and friends!
P.S. You are welcome to join my contact list <<< Sign up now & stay in the loop with new photos, occasional secret offers and events/travel plans (I rarely post travel notices/casting calls so registering your location/interest via the link in addition to a message here is much appreciated). You can enter your nearest city/cities on the form for direct notifications if/when I visit your area. Please don't be alarmed if you sign up then don't hear from me straightaway; I only email very occasionally.
I try to reply to messages as quickly as possible; please bear in mind I have four jobs in the creative industry and cannot be glued to my phone at all times. :-) If your message is urgent, please say so in the subject title. Thanks! :)
P.P.S. My listed age is a mini fib to keep me in the search results for those looking for a model who appears under 30; I'm actually 139 years old, but the skincare keeps me looking youthful. As for the listed weight, I doubt anyone's truly interested in how gravity interacts with my mass, least of all me; suffice to say I look like I do in my pictures. :)
Ella Rose Muse has 257 references; 257 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellations, and 0 no-shows.
Bristol & Oxford & Reading from Thursday, May 19th to Monday, November 7th.