Stats and sizes
- 33yr old Female model
- Stats(in/USA) 34C-27-39
- USA dress size 6
- 5'8" tall
- USA shoe size 8
- Blue eyes
- Very long light brown hair
- Pale white skin
- White ethnicity
Beauty, Body Paint, Commercial, Fashion, Fitness, Glamour, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
Hello! Welcome to my world!
I am a natural, curvy siren, modern pre-Raphaelite muse & photo dancer.
I am available for modelling work indefinitely, yet decreasingly! :)
This year (2020) I will be available for modelling in the months of:
AUGUST (& last week of JULY)
- During these months I'm available for shoots around the UK, in studios, outdoors, on location & around Europe, and will bring my unique look, 10 years of international experience, expertise & wide-reaching creativity to help you realise some powerful imagery. If you like.
- Obviously, there are only so many days in each of these months, so please contact me now to make your booking in advance. Thank you!
This video says more than my wordy profile probably ever will (turn your sound up!):
M y a p p e a r a n c e & s k i l l s :
- I have what is repeatedly described as a very ‘classical’/'pure'/'feminine' appearance. My hair is naturally curly, very long (down to the bottom of my hips when stretched straight), undyed and straddles various colourific boundaries(!); it is dark blonde or light-to-mid-brown depending on how you squint, and often looks fiery red in certain lights. My eyes are massive (I genuinely struggle to find sleep masks that are comfortable; how’s that for a problem?) and greeny-blue. I've got very good, smooth skin & healthy, natural nails. My face is quite asymmetrical, actually, so I could never pretend it's supermodel-alien perfect, but you work with what you get.
- I have a somewhat (increasingly?) unusual body shape; I have a small-ish waist and large-ish hips, which gives dramatic curves. I've also got rather long legs (good for when you want to do full length shots and have your model look in proportion) and a toned torso... Basically an overall 'soft'/'romantic'/'traditional' appearance with some muscularity and strength mixed in, perfect for timeless or pre-Raphaelite styles as well as giving a unique twist to modern imagery.
- I am very expressive, intuitive and natural, and personally find images the most appealing and interesting to look at when they show some character and feeling (authenticity, femininity, moods, intrigue and sensuality, etc.), and I hope/think this probably shows in my work.
- My natural empathy and dance background (I'm trained in many styles, from ballet to salsa, tap to hip hop, ballroom to bellydance and have passed exams to high levels, though it’s now just a hobby) have instilled in me an intuitive understanding of body/facial language and movement.
- I also play the piano (grade 8+) and ukulele (terribly), sing, paint, write, speak different languages, love walking in nature and generally get involved with anything creative/arty.
W h a t i t ’ s l i k e t o w o r k w i t h m e :
- My personality is often described as calm, kind, gentle and relaxed. I'm very friendly/welcoming, talkative (but not over-the-top bonkers) and maybe a bit silly.
- I consider my role a very actively creative one. I genuinely care about expression, authenticity, womanhood, identity, performance, myth, story and all sorts of other things that feed into this interesting art. People often report that shooting with me feels like good teamwork and I will contribute as much as you like. I have a good eye for a shot and, if wanted, will give my opinion/ideas, helping us to get extra striking images (photographers are often glad they let me have a peek at what they're capturing for this reason!).
- Like many women, I’ve been competently doing my own makeup since my teenage years, and am also extremely quick at doing it. I will turn up with a 'natural' look done and ready (able to vary it during the shoot), unless you’re hiring a makeup artist or have requested otherwise. My big, wild hair is one of my distinctive features, but I'm also good at quickly pinning it up in various ways if you want a change from it being loose (e.g. this took me roughly 7 seconds to do).
- My wardrobe is like narnia, and you are welcome to make the most of it! I happily bring items from my clothing, accessories and prop collection if you’ve given me a rough idea of your plans in advance. I’m also happy to wear things you provide (within reason of course and I'll say no if I'm not comfortable with anything) - I find this quite fun!
- I am a total diva in relation to (and only in relation to) tea. (Peppermint, chai & earl grey are personal faves… but never with milk!) Sidenote: one of my proudest moments is when I saw that a photographer in Australia had written a reminder to get 'EARL GREY TEA' across the top of his shoot plan because I mentioned it in my profile notes; clearly my plan is working... Another photographer once brought a thermos tea kettle with us to a bunker location in Holland. No pressure whatsoever... :-)
Please read my references for more of an insight and to have an idea of why the majority of people who book me do so again and again.
T h i n g s t o c o n t a c t m e a b o u t:
- Specific projects or 'for the fun of it' creative sessions (anything from highly stylised work to 'make it up as you go along' improvisation on the day)
- Tuition/workshops/events - if you want a highly experienced, creative, friendly model who works well with groups as well as one-to-one (and has her own mailing list to help promote!)
- Beautiful and thought-provoking expressions of the human female body in nature, simple and powerful figure studies in studios or various options in between
- My next visit to your part of the country/world (please do actually get in touch rather than just liking/commenting, so I can get the ball rolling or let you in on my plans)
- Multi-day photo adventure trips to deeply explore and make the most of interesting locations and create incredible memories
- Creative portraiture, fashion, lingerie, bridal, nude, historical, character, mythological/fantasy & dance-inspired styles (these are my strengths)
....Metaphysical reality, tea, the best film in the world (which, by the way, is The Fifth Element), the importance of 'dad jokes' on profile notes... etc. etc.
M y b a c k g r o u n d s t o r y (for when you're sitting comfortably):
Here's a recent interview.
And here's something I wrote a while ago which got quite a bit of online attention (and was re-published in photographic magazines):
10 Things You Might Not Know about Nude Models
An ex-dancer, I grew up regularly performing on stage (ballet, salsa, belly dance, street/hip-hop, tap and contemporary) and love the theatrics, narrative and expression it is possible to create through movement and the human body. During university, I posed exclusively for a renowned painter in afternoons for over a year (a huge honour). I now have 10 years of experience of posing for artists, photographers, sculptors, corset designers, fashion brands, wedding gown designers, magazine publications, and all manner of creative people in between. I have circumnavigated the globe countless times doing this surreal and wonderful job. I’ve modelled in hot, cold, opulent, rugged and bleak places all over this planet, acted on blockbuster/TV film sets (from Marvel to Downton Abbey) and posed in thrown-together makeshift photo-dens in spare rooms where photographers haphazardly mislay their cameras in the sink.
I truly love the variety of the people I meet, from casual hobbyists to award-winning professionals (it makes no difference to me whatsoever and I'm very beginner-friendly). I have a lot of creativity and enthusiasm to offer and am happily still learning as I go.
I am a 'creative butterfly' with many interests and projects (see 'skills' below) and I have learned to see this as a strength; it means I come to modelling FRESH each time because it is not the only thing I do. As well as modelling, I am a writer and run a creative writing group at my local homeless centre. Modelling is a mode of expression I have a natural affinity with and one which I consider a huge honour.
I am also the creator of a plantbased skin & haircare range, Leafology, which is a celebration of natural beauty. I handcraft small, fresh batches in my Oxfordshire studio and package in glass and metal (avoiding plastic) to certified EU standards, selling through the website (shipping internationally) and in a growing number of local boutiques. You are welcome to ask about this or look it up; I often bring orders along to shoots with me!
(Photography credits each within portfolio.)
N e e d i d e a s ?
Things I love include: natural body/portraits, bohemian fashion, themes around myth, character, simplicity, pre-Raphaelite paintings, body studies, monochrome, film, colour, decadence, the natural world, fairy/nymph-esque tree-adoration, anything to do with water, commercial happy/smiling shots, wedding, animals, dance/movement, historical themes, music, literature, fantasy, vintage, renaissance, mermaids, stark/dark moods, flowers, and dressing up. I also love very simple, telling portraits, presence, authenticity; both romantic, soft, gentle, moods & powerful, strong, womanly ones... I've probably missed tons of things; I have very eclectic tastes actually and have enjoyed a huge range of ideas in the past, from posing nude in front of the Eiffel Tower (for some moody Helmut Newton-esque work) to standing on top of a clown (while wearing pointe shoes).
I also love working with other models and have done a lot of this (my record is 15 of us at once). I’d ask that you are conscious of keeping looks/builds/moods complementary (this doesn’t necessarily mean similar) where appropriate; I can recommend many models I love working alongside if easier for you, and am also open-minded and love meeting new people!
L o c a t i o n s :
- I love a mix of studio and location work; great results can be achieved in either!
- I can come to your favourite studio, or there's a list of recommended studios at the end of my profile and I hope to be adding to it soon. I can help choose somewhere if needed.
- I travel by car to most shoots (or plane, etc.; whatever works!).
- I live 'out in the sticks' in Oxfordshire (don’t worry, I drive, and it's just an hour or so from London!) and therefore have acres of ancient woodland, open spaces & flowers/bluebells/cornfields (seasonal!), fields, stone walls & avenues of trees on my doorstep. Nearby, there are ancient ruins, rivers & parks. The streets and architecture of Oxford itself are also very easy on the eye, made famous in many a film/TV series.
M y a v a i l a b i l i t y :
I divide my time between modelling, writing and my natural handcrafted, plant-based skincare range, Leafology, which launched in July 2017. This means I’m extremely busy but nevertheless very enthusiastic.
- I’m available across weekdays and weekends and have shot before at 3am, dawn, sunset & midnight sun (in Norway). I am flexible and understand we often have to follow the light!
- I have been known to book (and faithfully honour) shoots a full year ahead of time, but it's worth contacting me any time; I even love to fill in for last minute cancellations, etc., where possible, so do get in touch anytime.
- I do not use the purpleport calendar at all (it bears no reflection on my availability; my actual paper diary, however, is a thing of beauty).
If you're thinking of sending me a message saying 'let me know if you're ever in X place...' that's great and I'll appreciate it, but please bear in mind that making an outright booking is often more simple and therefore efficient. I may be able to build a little tour around your booking if appropriate, and it means a shoot will actually happen, not just remain a distant possibility forevermore until I disappear to start a full-time career teaching cats to bellydance, etc.
Q u i c k f i r e m i s c e l l a n y r o u n d :
I love shooting to music (anything from Radiohead to Beyonce to Rachmaninov). I do not drink alcohol or eat meat/fish/eggs/dairy (I know, I know... My body is my temple.... I normally bring my own lunch/snacks, but mentioning in case helpful!). I love yoga and walks as well as dance. I like positivity and to talk kindly of others. I have a terrible sense of direction. I am a massive animal lover (and a total cat lady). I get excited by rainbows, olives, art galleries, good food, the ocean, colour palettes, rich blacks and spontaneity.
Finally, please note: I am very intimidating and serious...
L I N K S
Modelling-related articles I've written:
-'Modelling, Vanity and Self Awareness'
- Click here.(Includes a 100% improvised and unplanned bellydance solo, filmed as a last-minute favour by Mark Bigelow)
Some local-ish studios I recommend:
- PoZers,Cricklade, Wiltshire
- ASE Studio, Bicester, Oxfordshire.
- Natural Light Spaces, Weedon Bec, Northamptonshire.
- Big Shot Studio, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
- Onyx Photo Studio, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes.
- Parklands Studio, Leicestershire, Midlands.
W h a t I c h a r g e :
PLEASE NOTE: You receive £10 off your first shoot with me when you sign up for my lovely monthly emailing newsletter <<< Sign up now & stay in the loop with new photos, occasional secret offers and events/travel plans (I rarely post travel notices/casting calls so registering your location/interest via the link in addition to a message here is much appreciated).
UK rates: £55 per hour for 1-3 hours | £50 per hour for 4-5 hours | £45 per hour for 6-7 hours | £40 per hour for a full day (8 hours) | £31.25 per hour for bookings of 2+ days.
- I accept cash, paypal, transferwise or payment by portable card machine (please let me know in advance if you'd like me to bring this to our shoot).
- My business is tax-registered and I can provide invoices/receipts if necessary.
- Rest of Europe (when touring): €80 per hour or €500 for full days (8 hours).
- Multi-day trips abroad (where the photographer arranges and covers travel costs and accommodation) are arranged at a mutually favourable rate.
... This may be more than what you see another model charging (and there is never a shortage of beautiful models!), but my strong international reputation, both in regards to reliability and distinctive results, is due to years of hard work and commitment to quality, and the majority of photographers who book me do so repeatedly.
U p c o m i n g t r i p s / t o u r s:
...Are rarely publicised online (that's what the mailing list's for!)! :-)
A b o u t c o n t a c t i n g m e . . .
(I'm always excited to hear from new people as well as those I've worked with before!)
1. I invite you to consider not delaying if you happen to be interested in having me model for you. :)
2. A message/conversation doesn't mean pressure to hire me - I only want you to do so when you feel the time is right!
2. Direct messages really are best (rather than hinting, clicking 'love' or commenting on an image, as lovely as this is); like all good models I'm relatively telepathic, but I assume you'll be in touch properly if genuinely interested.
M y m a i l i n g l i s t . . .
I send out occasional email newsletters and would love you to include you if you're interested. You can enter your nearest city/cities on the form for direct notifications if/when I visit your area. You also get the stories behind the shots, news/updates/events and occasional secret offers. Sign up here:
I try to reply as fast as possible but please bear in mind I have four jobs in the creative industry and cannot be glued to my phone at all times. :-) If your message is urgent, please say so in the subject title. Thanks!
Thank you for reading!
~ Ella ~
Ella Rose Muse has 243 references; 243 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.
Musehood: A year in 3 months
Birmingham & London & Oxford & Reading & Reykjavik