I used to shoot a lot now I shoot very infrequently.
Photography - Here's my philosophy on the subject - At the end of the day it's the final image that matters, not how you got there - It's not just about being able to wield a camera competently it's about a whole myriad of things.
I exclusively shoot nude images of the kind that you see on my profile. Call them art-nude, call them nude the semantics of it really doesn't matter. In terms of model work I do not shoot anything else - no portraits, fashion, swimwear, lingerie, adult, goth, glam, humour. Just nude. That can mean full frontal so if you are not happy at working to this level then a shoot isn't a runner.
I don’t generally plan ahead so can’t provide details of shoots. I’d change my mind anyway. I prefer for ideas to develop as the shoot goes along.
I work from a home studio set up. I do not shoot on location neither am I interested in studio days.
Of note for models interested in working with me:
1. Please get in touch with me rather than add me to a "want to work with list" - I pay scant attention to them.
2. In a calculated piece of hypocrisy I now decide to make my own list of models that I’d like to shoot. As the title says it is an aide-memoir. Because of eye problems I wont be shooting intensively, maybe three or four times a year, so if you are on the list, hopefully sometime in the future. It really is an aide-memoir - so I don’t forget - but if you are on it; I think my ‘portfolio”, for want of a less crass term, would benefit. So if you are unfortunate enough to be traveling through the grim Wiltshire countryside it might be worth getting in touch. It's not a complete list either as I am bound to have forgotten someone or not noticed them.
3. I'll pay realistic rates to the right models - that means that you have experience of nude modelling in what is commonly called the 'art-nude' genre ( I so hate that bloody term ) and a portfolio that proves it. I don't mind models that fill that criteria contacting me with regards to paid work.
4. TFCD - Not really my cup of tea and unless I think i can get what I would consider really cracking images I’m not interested. It would also be on this basis only: I supply a limited number of edited images ( around 1 per hour of shooting ) of your choice from all images taken along with any others that I may edit. These may take several weeks to process.
5. I want commitment from models I work with. Decent communications - I expect models that I work with to arrive at the scheduled time (allowing for trains and traffic) or let me know with reasonable notice if there is a problem. I have spent to many hours at Westbury station waiting for models who just have not bothered to let me know
6. Chaperones – In short no.
7. Tattoos - only if very small.
8. Piercings -only if unobtrusive.
9. References - if you have any for failing to show then I'm not interested in working with you. Full stop.
10. Nothing is cast in stone so I may ignore all or any of the above.
11. Finally, to show that you have read this if you are contacting me with regards to a shoot please include the word "okra" in the title of the message. If you don't I wont respond - I don't give a fig about message reply rates etc.
Mick Waghorne has 12 references; 12 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.
"Art" nude shoots - Westbury, Wiltshire -NSFW
Westbury from Monday, July 29th to Friday, August 9th.
Mick Waghorne has 114 followers .