Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Bondage, Commercial, Cosplay, Dance, Erotic, Fashion, Fetish, Fitness, Glamour, Landscape, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
A little about me; As SkulledRabbit FX, I have a total of 6 year’s experience through industry work and training in all genres of hair and makeup. After completing my BA degree in Specialist Hair and Media Make-up in 2015 I have taken on various projects which have helped me build up my portfolio with a varied range of different types of Hair and Make-up looks including but not limited to Beauty, Period (Era), Creative, Horror, Prosthetics, Bodypainting….to name just a few.
My passions are make-up design and application for stage, film and photography. Over the past 6 years I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunities presented to me, most recently setting up my own monthly photoshoot, OutThereFX; a collaborative group I have set up for MUA's, Models, Photographers and other creatives, where we push boundaries and challenge ourselves technically, physically and creatively.
Previous work includes;
- Head Makeup Artist & Hair Stylist and Designer on a short documentary of the suffragette movement in Birmingham.
- Lead Makeup Artist (2016-2018) to the West Midland’s Photography Group; directed by Mark Kenwood. The group met up once a month, covering varying themes; Tudor, fashion, body-painting, gothic, punk, etc enabling myself as an artist to expand my repertoire of skill in both hair and makeup.
- Head Makeup and Special Effects Artist on a pilot called ‘Lucid, the Dreamwalker’, which is currently looking for funding to go into full series.
Other works include (but not limited to):
- Head Makeup Artist 'Lucid; The Dreamwalker'- Pilot (2016-2017); Natural & Tattoo FX
- Lead Makeup Artist ‘West Midlands Photography Group’ (2016-2018);Various Makeup
- Makeup Artist and Stylist, and Special Effects Makeup Assistant ‘Six Hot Chicks in a Warehouse’ Directed by Simon Edwards (2016);Glamour and Special FX
- Head Makeup Artist‘Sacrilege’ & ‘Cain & Abel’ Directed by Phill Tommy 2015-2017; Screen and Special FX
- “Daily” Assistant Prosthetic Makeup Artist (Uncredited)‘She Who Brings Gifts’ Directed by Colm McCarthy – Film 2015;Prosthetics and Special FX
- Makeup Artist Jewellery School Photoshoot 2015; Editorial Fashion
- Assistant Makeup Artist ‘The Adams Family’ – Stage Musical 2015;Stage
- Hair and Makeup Artist ‘Something New’ Directed by Sam Hoggarth – Short Film 2015;Screen
- Makeup Designer and Makeup Artist Director‘3 Summers’ Directed by Euan Rose – Stage Musical 2014;1960 & 70’s - Stage
- Assistant Makeup Artist ‘The Sons’- Music Video 2014;Special FX
- Assistant Makeup Artist ‘Selly Oak Hospital’- Onsite (Placement) 2014;Prosthetics and Special FX
- Personal Make-Up Artist to character Madame de Croissy ‘Dialogues of the Carmelites’ – Stage Opera 2014;Old Age - Stage, Wig and Beard Application - Stage
- Head Make-Up Artist ‘Fighting Heart’ – Directed by Lee Hampton 2013-2016; Special FX - Screen
- Assistant Makeup Artist Casualty Exercise – Onsite (Placement) 2013;Special FX- On Site
- Make-Up Artist and Designer ‘Bath Time’ Directed by Tasos Constantinou– 16 Second Horror 2013;Special FX and Facepaint- Screen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCcYdmcfks
- Hair and Make-Up Designer, Head Make-Up Artist and Supervisor ‘Kindertransport’ – Stage 2013;1920’s, 1940’s 1990’s - Stage
- Assistant Makeup Artist ‘Ill Trittico’ – Stage Opera 2013; Old Age- Stage
- Special Makeup Effects Artist ‘Darksiders 2’ Directed by Lee Hampton – Film (insert) 2013;Special FX
- Special Makeup Effects Artist ‘Happiness Lies In Another Dimension’ – Student Short Film 2013;Special FX- Screen
- Make-Up Artist and Hair Stylist ‘Private Lives’ – Stage (Placement) 2013;1930’s Stage
- Special Makeup Effects Artist ‘Beneath a Neon Tide’ Directed by Simon P. Edwards – Film 2012-2013;Special FX- Screen
Having also modelled for photoshoots, acted in short films and performed on stage from time to time so I understand the needs of the models when going behind a camera which helps me build a good working relationship with both model, photographer, actor and crew.
I am quite flexible with the styles of makeup that I create as I am looking to continue building my portfolio. I am particularly interested in doing more interesting and crazy shoots; I love dramatic looks, special effects and interesting hair styles and I am always up for trying new ideas be those highly conceptual, artistic, or a specific era.
I'd also be keen to do more outdoor shoots, particularly in the summer.
Now the talk of monies, I am willing to negotiate and happy to do TF work if I feel it will benefit my portfolio. So Do not be afraid to contact me with job details and budget, the worst I will say is that I am not able to do it for you.
£30 for first hour
£60 for half a day (4 hours)
£80 for a day shoot (6 hours)
MAKEUP & HAIR RATES:
£30 for first hour
70 for half a day (4 hours)
£100 for a day shoot (6 hours)
£40+ p/hour Depending on Makeup SFX and or Prosthetics Makeup, which is custom pending on product cost.
For both TF and Paid work, I would need my travel expenses covered if out of my 5mile radius.
Based in Birmingham currently but I am willing to travel (as I don't drive) via public transport or taxi to shoots around the West Midlands.
I am reliable and I have never cancelled a shoot or not turned up. It has happened to me far too many times as a makeup artist and to my fellow creatives, therefore I pride myself on professionalism and reliability.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Hope you enjoy my portfolio work so far and I look forward to collaborating and creating some beautiful looks with you.
SkulledRabbit FX has 11 references; 11 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.