Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Bondage, Commercial, Cosplay, Dance, Erotic, Fashion, Fetish, Fitness, Glamour, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
Welcome to J9 Studios!
[ Coronavirus update : closed until further notice ]
The studio is primarily a place where either myself (Jay Jewell [link removed]) or Jordaaan [link removed] can shoot. I don't actively promote the studio, but do allow the studio to be used by a handful of trusted people, and happy to continue doing this. If you are new to the studio, either myself or my glamorous assistant John (Orpentor [link removed]) will be present until we are comfortable you're able to fly solo.
As for the studio itself, it's 8x5m (26'x16') with a high 4m (13') ceiling. It's fully enclosed with no windows, allowing you full control over the lighting! The old building the studio resides in boasts corridors galore, a wide stairwell, a lift, fire escapes, large windows, and the exterior is red brick.
Five Bowens Gemini lamps, ranging from 200w to 500w, triggered using two Pocketwizards, one for your camera and the other attached to the main lamp - additional lamps triggered via being slaved. Various softboxes, umbrellas, beauty dishes, reflectors, snoots, barn doors and other modifiers. We've 3 wall mounted backdrop systems, with black, white and grey rolls. There is also a mottled grey curtain too. All equipment must remain inside the studio, but you're welcome to bring your own portable gear and shoot within, or around much of the building.
Accessibility & Hours
- Open 10am until 7:30pm (possibly later if myself or John sit in on shoot)
- Photoshoots by arrangement only, no walk ins
- Ample parking available
- Working lift to first floor where studio is situated, or a large stairwell if you prefer
- Wheelchair accessible toilet right next to our studio
Security & Model Safety
- The model's changing room is a curtained off area not dissimilar to what you might find in a retail store
- If you have less than 10 positive references, have any negative references, or the model requests us to chaperone - then either myself or John will sit in on the shoot
- The building has CCTV throughout, although there are no surveillance cameras inside the studio
- We reserve the right to refuse shoots based on negative references
- Unprofessional behaviour will not be tolerated, and will result in the shoot being terminated
J9 Studios has 47 references; 47 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellations, and 0 no-shows.