Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Bondage, Commercial, Cosplay, Dance, Erotic, Fashion, Fetish, Fitness, Glamour, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Nude, Pinup, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear, Topless and Wedding
Welcome to J9 Studios! (previously Powerstation Studios)
The studio is primarily a place where either myself or Jordaaan can work freely. I don't actively promote the studio, but do lease the studio out to a handful of trusted people, and happy to continue doing this. If you are new to the studio, either myself or my glamorous assistant John (Orpentog) will be present until we comfortable you're able to fly solo.
As for the studio itself, it's 8x5m (26'x16') with a high 4m (13') ceiling. It's fully enclosed with no windows, allowing you full control over the lighting! The old building the studio resides in boasts corridors galore, a wide stairwell, a lift, fire escapes, large windows, and the exterior is red brick.
Rates & Discounts
- £25 first hour
- £15 p/h thereafter
- £50 one off charge for use of the Big White Box (this is in addition to the studio hire)
- £5 p/h Discount if hiring Jordaaan
- Discounts available if myself or John sit in on the shoot and get some time with the model
- No minimum booking
- Pay on the day
- No cancellation fee if notice is given (minimum 2 hours)
- Cancellation fee with no notice: £10 (to cover fuel and time wasted)
- Positive references given if the studio is left in the same state it was found
- Negative references only given if cancellation fee is not paid, the studio is left in a mess, equipment damaged, off-limits equipment/props used, or if there is unprofessional behaviour
Five Bowens lamps, ranging from 500W to 200W. Various softboxes, umbrellas, beauty dishes, reflectors, snoots, barn doors and other modifiers. We've 3 wall mounted backdrop systems, with black, white and grey rolls. There is also a mottled grey curtain too. All equipment must remain inside the studio, but you're welcome to bring your own portable gear and shoot within, or around much of the building.
Accessibility & Hours
- Open 10am until 7:30pm (possibly later if myself or John sit in on shoot)
- Bookings by arrangement only, no walk ins
- Ample parking available
- Working lift to first floor where studio is situated, or a large stairwell if you prefer
- Wheelchair accessible toilet right next to our studio
Security & Model Safety
- The model's changing room is a curtained off area not dissimilar to what you might find in a retail store
- If you have less than 10 positive references, have any negative references, or the model requests us to chaperone - then either myself or John will sit in on the shoot
- The building has CCTV throughout, although there are no surveillance cameras inside the studio
- We reserve the right to refuse bookings based on negative references
- Unprofessional behaviour will not be tolerated, and will result in the shoot being terminated with no refund
J9 Studios has 40 references; 40 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.