Alternative, Beauty, Body Paint, Commercial, Fashion, Fitness, Glamour, Lifestyle, Lingerie, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer, Swimwear and Wedding
I love photographing people. Most of my work is fashion inspired portraiture and music related, but there’s not much I don’t love shooting as long as I get to play with light and get to interact with other awesome humans.
I moved to the UK from the States in late 2016, and since then I’ve not done ANY portrait work (something I somehow didn’t realise until almost 2 years later). That’s not to say I haven’t been shooting or keeping myself creatively occupied, but most of my free time has been taken up playing music and photographing bands - both things I love doing, but realising I haven’t shot any portrait work also made me realise how much I miss it.
References & Chaperones:
PP isn’t much of a thing in the States, and given my lack of booking through here (only 1 awesome shoot so far) my references are all other places, but happy to share some names of models I worked with back home and bands I've worked with here if you’re interested in shooting but prefer having references first.
I’m completely fine with chaperones if you’re someone who feels more comfortable on shoots with a friend on hand (assuming they’re decent people of course - I get on well with just about anyone, but if your chaperone's into Trump we're probably not gonna hit it off), but fair warning I might put them to work holding lights ;) My wife usually tags along to help with lighting as well if she’s available. People are far superior to sandbags when it comes to moving things quickly AND preventing the wind from breaking expensive toys. Also extra eyes are almost always a good thing.
Random Shooting Callouts and Fun Facts:
In no particular order…
- I like to work with models for creative projects (testing lighting ideas, producing complex personal projects, etc.) so I’m primarily looking for collaborations/TFP. If you’re wanting to build your portfolio or collaborate on some crazy idea, give me a shout!
- I’m a firm believer that collaborations should be collaborative. Let’s get together and come up with something awesome. Some of my favourite images have come out of 30 minutes chats over a pint or a coffee.
- I live in Southampton and have no car, so while shooting out of town is definitely not something I’m against (if I have a free weekend and can find a cheap train ticket, I’m always down for an adventure!), if you live in the middle of nowhere and it’s going to take half a day and 20 bus changes to get to a location, I’m probably gonna have to decline.
- I don’t buy in to the idea that you have to be a certain build or height, or have specific features to be a model. That said, I REALLY want to shoot someone with tons of freckles, and/or green eyes. If you have either of those features I’d love to add you to my portfolio. And if you don’t have either of those features, I’d still probably love to add you to my portfolio.
- A lot of my lighting inspiration comes from my experiences shooting live music.
- While I am fully capable of capturing images quickly, I prefer to take my time when possible. If we're hitting it off well and no one involved in a shoot has to rush off somewhere, I'm always down to shoot longer than initially planned.
- I like using weird locations for backdrops and inspiration. One of my contacts in Southampton has access to a bunch of cool places, so if you've got a theme in mind there's a good chance I might be able to sort out a place to make it happen.
- I don't need a theme to shoot. If you've got a new outfit or haircut or makeup or whatever else and want to capture it, we can just wing it. I've made some pretty epic images in my driveway. Creativity doesn't depend on a ton of planning.
- Most of the people I've worked with have been able to handle their hair, makeup, and outfitting just fine. But if you're a HMU, designer, stylist, etc. let's chat. Not everything needs production, but production is exhilarating and fun :)
- I work an 8-4 Monday through Friday and play in an active band, so my availability can be a little hectic at times and I'm pretty much never free during the day weekdays, but once something's in my diary it stays there unless there's a really, really good reason to change it. However I know things come up and if you need to reschedule I'm sure we can make it work.
- If you see me suddenly like a ton of your photos it's because I looked through your portfolio and you loved it. I appreciate good work whether I'm involved in it or not.
- I have an adorable polydactyl ginger cat. She's an excellent model when there are no people to photograph.
That should probably give you and idea about me, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. Otherwise lets pick a day to go create see magic.
Brandon Otto Photography has 1 references; 1 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.