Alternative, Beauty, Bondage, Commercial, Erotic, Fashion, Fetish, Fitness, Glamour, Landscape, Lingerie, Pinup, Portrait, Promotional, Sheer and Topless
I have been shooting for decades in all formats up to 6 x 9 but mostly digital the past decade. My images are technically accomplished, original and striking.
I produce images for very specific applications:
* Images for use in my serious conceptual art projects, many of which most people superficially describe as "girls with guns". I have a range of strictly legal props that I am authorised to use. Its more than just Tarantino-land, but that is a good point of reference and if you fancy yourself in that kind of role you can use the images I shoot of you accordingly.
* .Images and video to illustrate my writings about hypnotism. I have been a stage hypnotist for over twenty years. I have a BSc Honours degree in Psychology. I have written four books on the topic.
* Fetish, bondage and BDSM images and video, often with a zany, off-beat or humurous aspect, for my comical adult fantasy web-site.
Sometimes these areas overlap and I apply the images in different ways.
I was resident portrait photographer at a leading UK comedy club for some years. I have shot Johnny Vegas, Alan Carr, Dara O Briain, Stewart Lee, Dave Spikey, Mark Thomas, Russell Howard, Rob Newman, Waen Shepherd, Craig Campbell, Reg Hunter, Shazia Mirza and many others...the list really does go on...funny that they are nearly all men. Well thats the comedy scene!
My images have been published quite a few times, from Mumbai to London.
-------Previous profile below -------
I got my first camera when I was about eight years old. But I didn't get my first "real" camera until I was about 22 and my first SLR when I was almost 25, when I began to take photography seriously. Hmmm, thats almost as many years as had passed before I wrote this! Phew, time flies.
My photography falls into three categories:
1) Images shot for use in conceptual art (whether of live models, or models of the constructed variety). My artistic career originated in drawing (first published 1976), progressed into painting (first shown 1978) and moved quickly into Late Constructivism and Conceptual Art (first shown 1979). I showed widely but then it was neglected for a decade only to be resurrected at the start of the 21st Century, since when I have exhibited work frequently in the UK and also in Berlin.
2) Fetish imagery for use on my web-site, in publication and, increasingly, for video. This began when I launched my own fetish club in 1998 and I shot my own promotional images. Today my site promotes a healthy, up-beat,frothy attitude towards kinky-ness, avoiding the sinister shadows of the dark side that I find to be questionable. Themes cover nylon / hosiery fetish (tights / pantyhose), smoking femmes fatales and light-hearted, responsible bondage, with a particular focus on the wonders of the straitjacket. There was a book of my early fetish photography: White Tights and Fetish Nights (ISBN 09550731-2-X).
3) Portrait. For nearly a decade I was resident photographer at a leading comedy club during which time I shot back-stage and studio portraits of many of todays leading celebrities in the field. For example, Al Murray, Alan Carr, Russel Howard, Johnny Vegas, Shazia Mirza. These were published in a book: Mirth Merchants (ISBN 09550731-3-8).
I have always also shot other things, such as urban landscape, for personal interest. From pill-boxes on the Normandy coast with a 126 instamatic when I was 8 to the fabulous Siegessaule at Berllin, digitally in Infra-red, more recently.
AlT has 4 references; 4 recommended, 0 not recommended, 0 late cancellation and 0 no-show.