The Meet and Greet (MaG) Team
By Sensual Art, written 1560095046
The Meet and Greet (MaG) Team are PurplePort members who volunteer their time mainly to help new members, but also there to assist existing members too. This may be helping members to acclimatise to PurplePort, answer any questions they may have, or give site-related advice where needed. They have a MaG badge displayed on their accounts so they can be easily recognised.
The Meet and Greet (MaG) Team Members page randomly displays members of the MaG Team. To view this page, go to the purple cog (top right) and under the heading Support & Extras click Meet and Greet (MaG) Team.
Any member of PurplePort can contact a MaG Team member to ask a question. Messages sent via this page are prefixed with MaG: so they are easy to differentiate from other messages in your inbox.
What do they do?
When a new member joins PurplePort, they are sent a welcome message from one of the MaG Team. This message is sent from the nearest MaG Team member of the same account type who is not marked asAwayin the PurplePort calendar. If this isn’t possible, another MaG Team member is picked who has auto-sent the fewest messages recently. At the time of writing, there are over 100 MaG Team members (mostly photographers and models).
The message sent by a MaG Team member does not count as one of their message allowances (for those MaG Team members who have free membership).
The welcome message is a "Hello, welcome, here's some stuff, any questions just ask, here's a link to the MaG team, here's how to contact the PurplePort Admin Team". This is all done automatically, and the MaG Team member doesn't need to do anything here. If the new member replies the message, that MaG Team member will see it and is then expected to respond.
Guidelines for MaG Team members
MaG Team members are given a set of guidelines for how to respond to a MaG message from another member:
- Use the PurplePort Official Meet and Greet (MaG) Team group: If someone asks a question and you don't know the answer, you can ask other MaG Team members in this group (or contact the PurplePort Admin Team via support ticket if asking in the group is not appropriate).
- Encourage others to report issues to us: If someone has a bad experience with someone, please encourage them to contact the PurplePort Admin via support ticket to report it to us (see A Quick Guide for Reporting Issues different ways issues can be reported). Reports sent to us are 100% confidential, and we can only resolve issues when they are reported to us.
- Send new members links to articles where possible: If there isn't an article, perhaps one needs to be created?
- Let us know if people are having difficulties: It might be a bug, we may need to expand some articles, or there could be some functionality missing.
- Help others to report bugs, errors and suggestions: If someone finds a bug or has a suggestion, let them know about posting it in the Bugs, Errors and Suggestions group. If they are too shy to do this, please create a group post on their behalf or contact the PurplePort Admin Team via support ticket (if creating a group post isn't possible).
MaG Team members are also expected to be positive, friendly and welcoming in their interactions with other PurplePort members, including in the Groups.
Want to join the MaG Team?
Around 50 new members join PurplePort each day (and it seems to be increasing). MaG Team members are there mainly to help new members, but also there to assist existing members too. This may be helping members to acclimatise to PurplePort, answer any questions they may have, or give site-related advice where needed.
New members to the MaG Team are always welcome. A private group exists for MaG Team members, enabling them to discuss MaG related issues with the rest of the team.
If you want to become part of the MaG Team (and we hope you do) simply contact the PurplePort Admin Team via support ticket.